Did you know that shallots and cashew nuts can make a tasty curry?
We all crave variety when it comes to curries. Shallots and cashew nuts can make a tasty curry with the help of a few tomatoes and a handful of spices. If you cannot believe, try this recipe.
- Shallots: 2 ½ cups (pealed and cleaned)
- Cashew nuts: 1 cup (roasted)
- Coconut milk: 1 cup (first extract)
- Tomato: 3 nos (thinly sliced)
- Cumin powder: ½ tablespoon
- Coriander powder: 1 tablespoon
- Chilli powder: 1 ½ tablespoon
- Green chilli: 4 nos (finely sliced)
- Dried red chilli: 4 nos
- Garlic: 4 cloves (finely sliced)
- Ginger: 1 small piece (minced)
- Onion: 1 cup (thinly sliced)
- Mustard: ½ teaspoon
- Coconut oil: As per requirement
- Curry leaves: As per requirement
- Salt: As per taste
How to prepare
In a deep pan, heat up some oil and crackle the mustard seeds, curry leaves and dried red chillies. Add the ginger, garlic, green chilli and onions. Sauté until the onion is translucent. Then add the spices and mix well. Once the spices start giving out their aroma, add the tomatoes and salt. Cook on a low heat and keep sautéing. Once the gravy thickens, add the coconut milk. Then add the shallots and continue to cook on a law heat for two more minutes. Then add the cashew nuts and take it off the heat. Cashew-shallot curry is ready.