Country chicken fried in Kerala style
Most of us love fried chicken. Here is how you can fry country chicken in typical Kerala style right at home.
- Red chilli powder: 3 teaspoons
- Kashmiri chilli powder: 2 teaspoons
- Black pepper powder: ½ teaspoon
- Garam masala: 2 teaspoons
- Ginger-garlic paste: 2 ½ teaspoons
- Chicken masala: 1 tablespoon
- Roasted fennel seeds: 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder: ½ teaspoon
- Lime juice: 1 tablespoon
- Salt: As per taste
- Coconut oil: As per requirement
- Curry leaves: 6 nos
- Green chillies: 2 nos
- Cumin seeds: 4 pinches
- Mustard seeds: 4 pinches
Clean and chop the chicken into medium sized pieces. Score generously on the chicken pieces. Add all the ingredients for marinade into a bowl and mix well. Generously coat the chicken pieces and let it marinate for 2 hours.
Heat up oil in a deep pan and deep fry the chicken pieces in small batches. Spread the fried chicken pieces on a paper towel to remove excess oil.
Heat up 1 teaspoon of oil in a pan and crackle the mustard seeds, cumin, green chillies and curry leaves. Add this on top of the fried chicken and serve hot.