Idli is one of the most common breakfast recipe we have in our houses. Have leftover Idlis from breakfast? Let’s transform it to hot and spicy Chilli Idli!
- Idli – 5 nos
- Green chilli – 2 nos
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Chilli powder – ¼ tsp
- Onion – 2nos
- Capsicum – 1 no
- Soya sauce – 2 ½ tsp
- Tomato sauce - 2 ½ tsp
- Chilli sauce - 1 ½ tsp
- Corn flour – ½ cup
- Rice powder – 1 tbsp
- Salt, Oil – Accordingly
- Add rice powder, corn flour, chilli powder, soya sauce, ginger garlic paste and mix well. Keep aside for ten minutes.
- Cut the idlis into bite sized cubes. Dip the pieces in the mixture and fry in oil. Take the pieces from oil when half fried.
- Now add onion slices to the oil and sauté well. Then add green chilli pieces and ginger garlic paste and mix well. Then add capsicum pieces, chilli sauce, soya sauce, tomato sauce and salt. Mix well.
- When boiled, add fried idli pieces to the mixture and cook for five minutes with lid closed.
Tasty chilli idli is ready to be served.