Chicken-pepper piralan will spice up your dining table
We all crave something spicy from time to time and chicken is one of the easiest dishes that can be turned spicy. Here is how to make the spicy chicken-pepper piralan.
- Chicken: 1 kilogram
- Chilli powder: 2 teaspoons
- Turmeric powder: 1 pinch
- Black pepper powder: 2 teaspoons
- Garam masala: 2 teaspoons
- Corn flour: 1 teaspoon
- Onion: 3 nos (finely sliced)
- Coriander powder: 1 teaspoon
- Tomato: 1 nos (finely sliced)
- Ginger: 1 small piece (finely sliced)
- Garlic: 4 cloves (finely sliced)
- Green chilli: 2 nos (finely sliced)
- Oil: As per requirement
- Curry leaves: As per requirement
- Coriander leaves: As per requirement
How to prepare
Clean and chop the chicken into small pieces. In a bowl, marinate the chicken with half the chilli powder, garam masala, black pepper powder, corn flour and all of the turmeric. Let it marinate for at least half-an-hour. In a pan, heat up some oil and shallow fry the chicken pieces thoroughly.
In another pan, heat up some oil and sauté the onion, garlic, ginger and green chilli until they soften. Reduce the heat to minimum and add the remaining chilli powder, garam masala, black pepper powder along with coriander powder. Mix well and cook until the spices give out their aroma.
Then add the tomato and keep sautéing. Once the tomato softens, add in the roasted chicken pieces and cook with the lid on. After 10 minutes, cook without the lid to dry out the water. Garnish with curry leaves and coriander leaves. Spicy chicken-pepper piralan is ready.
(For those who like capsicum, adding it (roughly chopped) along with the onion will give a different taste to the dish)