Beetroot pan fry is a healthy side dish
Beetroot is a polarising root vegetable. Some people love it while others hate it. But one thig is for sure it’s healthy. Here is how to make an easy stir fry with beetroots.
- Beetroot: ¼ kilogram (chopped)
- Oil: 1 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder: ¼ teaspoon
- Banana flower: 1 tablespoon (grated)
- Bengal gram: 1 tablespoon
- Garlic: 6 cloves (crushed)
- Salt: As per taste
- Black pepper powder: 1 teaspoon
How to prepare
Grind the Bengal gram, banana flower, chili powder, black pepper and salt together (a rough grind would do) and add in the crushed garlic. In a pan, heat up some oil. Add the beetroot along with turmeric powder and salt. Keep sautéing till the beetroot is tender. Then add the gravy mix and sauté for a few more minutes till the mix is well integrated. Serve hot.
By Nisha Padma
As published in Grihalakshmi