This omelette is healthy and filling enough to be your kid’s tiffin
This omelette with wheat and vegetables is healthy and filling enough to be your kid’s tiffin on a regular basis.
- Eggs: 2 nos
- Wheat flour: 2 tablespoons
- Coconut milk: 4 tablespoons
- Garam masala powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt: As per taste
- Onion: 2 tablespoons (diced)
- Carrot: 2 tablespoons (diced)
- Capsicum: 2 tablespoons (diced)
- Cauliflower: 2 tablespoons (diced)
- Tomato: 2 tablespoons (diced)
- Green chilli: 2 nos (diced)
- Ginger: 1-inch piece (crushed)
- Garlic: 4 cloves (crushed)
- Coriander leaves: 1 tablespoon (diced)
- Curry leaves: 1 tablespoon (diced)
- Turmeric powder: 1 pinch
- Coconut oil: 2 tablespoons
Crack the eggs into a bowl. Add the wheat flour, coconut milk, pepper powder, garam masala powder and salt into it and mix well. Keep it aside.
Heat up one tablespoon of coconut oil in a pan. Sauté the onion, ginger, garlic, green chilli, carrot, capsicum, cauliflower, coriander leaves, tomato and curry leaves. Add salt and turmeric powder and keep mixing until the vegetables are cooked. Take it off the heat and keep it aside.
Add the cooked vegetables into the egg mixture and mix well. Heat up one tablespoon of oil in the same pan. Pour in the egg-vegetable mix and cook with the lid on. Once the top is cooked, flip and cook with the lid on for one or two minutes. Healthy wheat-vegetable omelette is ready. (Note: any vegetable can be added as per your personal choice)
(Recipes by Grihalakshmi readers)