This Christmas, let Key Lime Pie fill your dessert table
Key lime pie is an American dessert pie made of lime juice, egg yolks and sweetened condensed milk in a pie crust. The dish is named after the small Key limes that are naturalized throughout the Florida Keys. This Christmas, try a variety dessert to celebrate with family.
- Digestive biscuit – 200g
- Butter – 125g
- Lime zest – Taken from 4 nos
- Lime juice
- Condensed milk – 400g
- Egg yolk – 4 nos
- Whipped cream – 200ml
- Preheat oven at 180 degree. Powder the biscuit. Melt the butter in a sauce pan in low heat.
- Add the biscuit powder in butter. Remove from flame.
- Shift and press the mixture into the base and up the sides of a 9 inch loose-based tart tin.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes.
- In a bowl, beat egg yolk, condensed milk and lime juice.
- Pour it over the tart and bake again for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow it to cool down. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Spread whipped cream above the pie and garnish with lime zest.
Yummy Key Lime Pie is ready for Christmas