Phirni, the sweet pudding
Known as Phirni or Firni, this unique dish is similar to Kheer. It is one of the best item that can be served for dessert.
- Milk – 1 litre
- Rice, soaked – 5 tbsp
- Saffron strands – 1 pinch
- Sugar – ¾ cup
- Cardamom, powdered – ½ tsp
- Pistachio, chopped – 15 nos
- Grind the rice in the blender adding some water and make a coarse paste. (Don’t make fine paste out of it)
- Boil the milk.
- Add rice paste to the boiling milk and stir well.
- Add saffron strands and stir again.
- Now add sugar, cardamom and boil until mixture attains thick consistency.
- Shift to a bowl and refrigerate for one hour.
- Take out from the refrigerator, garnish with pistachio and serve.