Eaten by themselves or in a variety of dishes, mangoes are tasty and healthy. This mango season, let us try our hands at the unique variety ‘Mango Laddu’
- Mango (Ripe) – ½kg
- Coconut (scrapped) – ½ coconut
- Sugar (powdered) – 8tbsp
- Condensed milk/thickened milk – 5tbsp
- Cardamom (powdered) – 1pinch
- Cashew nuts, pistachio, resins – Accordingly
- Ghee – 1tsp
- Blend well the mango flesh in a mixer grinder to form pulp.
- Heat a nonstick pan and add the scrapped coconut and saute until the raw smell is removed but colour remains same. Now allow it to cool and then powder it.
- Take the mango pulp in a pan and heat it in low flame. Add the coconut powder to it and stir well until the mixture thickens.
- Now add powdered sugar, condensed milk, and cardamom powder and mix well and remove from flame.
- Spread ghee on palms and take small quantity of mixture and roll between palms.
- Garnish with cashew nuts and resins.