Make masala Kozhukatta to treat your kids
Masala Kozhukkatta is one of the simple and healthiest dishes that can be made at home. Treat your children with this special dish when they return from school.
- Rice powder (fine) – 1 cup
- Water – 1 cup
- Black gram – 2 tsp
- Kashmiri chilli – 3 to 4 nos
- Meat masala – 1 tsp
- Green chilli – 1 no
- Fennel seeds – ¼ tsp
- Coconut, grated – 1 tbsp.
- Salt – Accordingly
- Oil – Accordingly
- Heat a pan and add oil. Add black gram, Kashmiri chilli, meat masala, green chilli, fennel seeds, coconut and roast.
- Allow the mix to cool down.
- Powder the mix in the mixer grinder and keep it aside.
- Dry roast the rice powder and keep it aside.
- Boil water after adding salt. To this add two or three teaspoons of oil.
- Lower the flame and add roasted rice powder. Mix well. Add boiled water again if required. Maintain a thick consistency.
- Put off the flame and stir well. Allow to cool down a little.
- Make small balls out of the mix and spread them between the palms.
- Boil water in a pan and add salt. Cook the balls in it. Put off the flame and remove the excess water.
- Heat a pan and add oil. Splutter mustard seeds, curry leaves in it. Add the powdered masala to it.
- Add the cooked balls to it and mix well.
Tasty masala Kozhukatta is ready to be served.