Masala Kozhukkatta is one of the simple and healthiest dishes that can be made at home. Treat your children with this special dish when they return from school.
- Rice powder (fine) – 1 cup
- Water – 1 cup
- Black gram – 2 tsp
- Kashmiri chilli – 3 to 4 nos
- Meat masala – 1 tsp
- Green chilli – 1 no
- Fennel seeds – ¼ tsp
- Coconut, grated – 1 tbsp.
- Salt – Accordingly
- Oil – Accordingly
- Heat a pan and add oil. Add black gram, Kashmiri chilli, meat masala, green chilli, fennel seeds, coconut and roast.
- Allow the mix to cool down.
- Powder the mix in the mixer grinder and keep it aside.
- Dry roast the rice powder and keep it aside.
- Boil water after adding salt. To this add two or three teaspoons of oil.
- Lower the flame and add roasted rice powder. Mix well. Add boiled water again if required. Maintain a thick consistency.
- Put off the flame and stir well. Allow to cool down a little.
- Make small balls out of the mix and spread them between the palms.
- Boil water in a pan and add salt. Cook the balls in it. Put off the flame and remove the excess water.
- Heat a pan and add oil. Splutter mustard seeds, curry leaves in it. Add the powdered masala to it.
- Add the cooked balls to it and mix well.
Tasty masala Kozhukatta is ready to be served.