Seared fish is a great combo with lunch
Fried fish is the go to option for those seeking something extra while having meals. Shallow frying or searing are the alternatives to making it a bit healthier without compromising on taste.
- Fish: 2 nos (any meaty variety like mackerel, king fish or pearl spot)
- Kashmiri chilli: 1 tablespoon
- Black pepper: ½ tablespoon (crushed)
- Turmeric powder: 1 teaspoon
- Salt: As per taste
- Ginger-garlic-green chilli-curry leaves paste: 1 ½ tablespoons
- Oil: 1 tablespoon
Take the ginger-garlic-green chilli-curry leaves paste in a bowl and add all the remaining spices into it. Pour in a little bit of oil and mix everything together into a fine paste. Clean the fishes and score deeply on both sides. Generously apply the paste on the fishes and let it marinate for 10-15 minutes. Heat up a little bit of oil in a pan and cook the fish with the lid on. Flip and cook on the other side with the lid on until ready. Serve hot.