Frittata is the easiest lockdown dish ever
During this lockdown to prevent the spread of coronavirus, a lot of us who don’t have any cooking skills are stuck in our rooms. Here is a dish that has only a few ingredients and is easy to cook even for a novice.
- Eggs: 6 nos (for 2 people)
- Salt: As per taste
- Pepper powder: As per requirement
- Onion: 1 large (roughly chopped)
- Tomato: 2 nos (roughly chopped)
- Oil: 2 tablespoons
- Potato: 1 medium seized (finely sliced)
- Capsicum: 1/2 nos (roughly chopped)
- Mushrooms: 1 cup (roughly chopped)
- Spinach: 1 handful (only laves)
- Curry/meat masala: 1 teaspoon
Heat up oil in a pan and saute the onions on high heat. Once the onions start to turn brown, add the tomatoes and reduce the heat to medium-low. Season with salt and pepper if needed and mix well. Crack the eggs into a bowl. Add salt and pepper and whisk thoroughly. Once the onions and tomatoes are soft, pour in the eggs. Cook on a low heat with the lid on for 3-4 minutes. Or until the eggs are not runny on the top. Then flip the frittata and cook for another minute. Turn the heat off and let it sit for a minute. Ready to eat.
(If you choose to add the optional ingredients, start by sautéing the potatoes followed by onions, capsicum, mushrooms, tomato and spinach. Ensure that the mushrooms are well cooked before adding the seasoning and curry masala. Pouring in the whisked eggs at the end.)