Spice up your dinner with chilli-beef
Beef is a delicacy around many parts of the world. Keralites also love their beef. Here is a Chinese inspired recipe to make spicy chilli-beef.
- Beef: 500 grams
- Onion: 3 nos (finely sliced)
- Capsicum: 2 nos
- Green chilli: 2 nos (finely sliced)
- Ginger: 1/2 tablespoon (finely sliced)
- Garlic: 1 tablespoon (finely sliced)
- Chilli powder: 1 teaspoon
- Soy sauce: 1 tablespoon
- Chilli sauce: 1 tablespoon
- Tomato sauce: 2 tablespoons
- Black pepper powder: 1 teaspoon
- Coriander leaves: 2 tablespoons (chopped)
- Spring onions: 2 tablespoons (chopped)
- Cornstarch slurry: 1/2 glass
- Salt: As per taste
- Oil: 2 tablespoons
How to prepare
Slice the beef into 1 ½ inch long pieces. Cook it with salt, black pepper powder and chilli powder. Do not drain the liquid. Slice the capsicum into squares. Heat up oil in a pan and saute the green chilli, ginger and garlic. Add the onions and saute until soft. Then add the capsicum and saute for a few minutes. Add the sauces and mix well.
Add the cooked beef along with the liquid. Once it starts bubbling, add the corn starch slurry. Add salt and more black pepper if needed. Once the curry reaches the desired consistency, add coriander and spring onion and take it off the heat. Spicy Chilli-beef is ready.