Rimi Tomy turns chef with Pala style fish curry
Fish curry is a delicacy for Keralites in general and there are many fans for fish curry prepared with Malabar Tamarind or Kudampuli. Now playback singer and TV anchor Rimi Tomy has come out with the video of her Pala style fish curry with malabar tamarind.
- Fish: 1 kg cut into large pieces (any fleshy fish will work)
- Oil: 4 teaspoons
- Dried malabar tamarind (Kudampuli): 8-10 (cut into small pieces and soaked in a cup of water)
- Garlic: 10-12 cloves (finely crushed)
- Ginger: 2-inch piece (finely crushed)
- Turmeric powder: 1/4 teaspoon
- Chilli powder: 4 teaspoons
- Fenugreek powder: 1 or 2 pinches
- Salt: As per taste
- Curry leaves: As per requirement
- Water: 1 ½ cups (adjust as per requirement)
Heat up oil in a pan and saute the garlic and ginger. Add the curry leaves, turmeric powder, chilli powder, fenugreek powder and salt. Reduce the heat and let the spices turn dry. Then add the malabar tamarind (kudampuli) along with the water. Mix well and let it cook until it becomes a thick paste. Pour in water and let the spices dissolve completely. Once the water comes to a boil add the fish pieces. Cover with a lid and let it simmer away until the fish is cooked and the liquid is thick. Ready to serve.