Today let’s try homemade Bilimbi – Hibiscus juice
Most of our courtyards will have at least a bilimbi tree (Irumban puli or ilumban puli) and a hibiscus plant. Today let’s try a variety drink using the bilimbi fruit and hibiscus flower. Similar to raw mango juice, this drink gives out a unique flavour mixed with sour and sweet taste.
- Bilimbi fruit – 4 nos
- Hibiscus flower – 6 nos
- Ginger – 1 piece
- Mint leaves – 4 nos
- Cardamom – 3 nos
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Sugar – Accordingly
- Salt – A pinch
- Boil half a glass of water. Dip the hibiscus flowers in it for two minutes and take them out.
- Add lemon juice to the hibiscus water and allow to cool down.
- Mix the other ingredients and grind in a mixer after adding half a glass of water.
- Shift the bilimbi juice to a bowl after straining.
- Now mix the hibiscus-lemon juice to the bilimbi juice.
- Add ice cubes and serve.