Sprout salad | Grihalakshmi
Salads are a go-to dish for those who are trying to lose weight. One major drawback of regular salads is that they cannot keep one full for long. Here is a salad using green gram sprouts and pomegranates that will keep you full and help you reduce weight without compromising on nutrients. As summer is at the doorstep, it is good to switch on to salads to keep your body cool and energetic.
- Green gram sprouts: 1 cup
- Pomegranate seeds: 1 cup
- Onion- 1/2 a cup
- tomato- 1/2 a cup
- Almonds: 2 tablespoons (toasted and sliced)
- Olive oil: 1 tablespoon
- Lemon juice: 1 tablespoon
- Salt and pepper: As per taste
- Cucumber: As per requirement
- Coriander leaves: As per requirement
- Lettuce: As per requirement
In a bowl, add the sprouted green grams and pomegranates and mix well. Add the almonds, olive oil and lemon juice. Add salt and pepper. Mix everything together. Garnish a serving plate using the cucumber, lettuce and coriander leaves. Add the mixed sprouts. Serve refrigerated.