Seared fish is a healthier alternative to fried fish. Here are two failproof ways to prepare seared fish. The recipe is the same, only the cooking method is different.
- Fish: 250 - 300 grams (Any meaty variety with less bones)
- Lime juice: Of 1 lime
- Black pepper powder: 1½ tablespoons
- Chilli powder: 1 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder: 1 pinch
- Salt: As per taste
- Shallots: 10 nos (minced)
- Ginger: ½ tablespoon (minced)
- Green chilli: ½ tablespoon (minced)
- Garlic: ½ tablespoon (minced)
Mix the ingredients from 2 to 6 together and apply it on the fish well. Let it marinate for at least 30 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients into a bowl and mix well. Add more salt if needed. Apply it generously on the fish. Put the fish in a banana leaf and cover it so that steam cannot escape. Heat up a frying pan or grill and cook the fish on both sides. It should take about 7-10 minutes on each side.
Another option is to heat up some oil in a pan and fry the fish with very little oil. Make sure that both sides of the fish are well cooked. It should take about 10 minute on each side.