Mutton roast with Puttu
Enjoy this Easter with mutton coated well in masala and roasted to a dark colour and with the perfect blend of spices highlighting the flavour of black pepper. Have this Mutton roast with steamy Puttu for the perfect blend.
- 500 gms Mutton (cut into medium size cubes and cleaned)
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp Fennel powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Kashmiri chilli powder
- 2 tsp Coriander powder
- 2 medium Onions (sliced)
- 1/2 tbsp, each Crushed ginger & garlic
- 12-15 Shallots/pearl onions (sliced)
- 1 tbsp + 1.5 tsp Crushed pepper powder
- Curry leaves
- 2 tbsp Coconut oil
- Marinate cleaned mutton pieces with lemon juice, fennel powder, garam masala, turmeric powder, Kashmiri chilli powder, coriander powder and salt.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker. Add sliced onions and cook till it is brown.
- Add marinated mutton pieces, curry leaves and crushed pepper powder.
- Give a good mix and cook on low flame for 4-5 mins. Add 1 cup of water and bring it to a boil.
- Pressure cook the mutton until the gravy is thick.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add sliced shallots, crushed ginger & garlic and curry leaves. Saute it
- Add crushed pepper powder and fry for a minute.
- Add cooked mutton along with the gravy. Cook on low flame until the gravy is almost dried.
- Switch off the flame and let the curry rest for half an hour. Serve hot with Puttu.