Thrissur: A total of five enterprises under Kerala Agricultural University (KAU) agribusiness incubator have found space in the national conference organized by Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare. Five entrepreneurs and official in charge of the incubator have received Prime Minister’s invitation for these promising enterprises. They are:
- Vinaykumar Balakrishnan, Aluva for manufacturing edible plates made of bran
- Dr Saji Varghese, Kasaragod for manufacturing straw and pen using dry coconut leaves
- Manas Madhu, Pathanamthitta for producing non-poisonous chips under regulated heat
- Jaymi Saji, Wayanad for producing ready to cook payasam mix from jackfruit seeds
- Rajeesh Rajan, Palakkad for developing an app that can be even used by illiterate farmers
- Dr KP Sudheer, in charge of agribusiness incubator, KAU
The conference will be held on October 17 and 18. A select group of farmers and individuals running agri-startups will take part in the conference.