Representational image | Photo: gettyimages.in
Thiruvananthapuram: The Kerala government will dispense scholarships to students belonging to the scheduled castes and scheduled tribes while pursuing higher studies in all educational institutions with national significance. For facilitating this, the SC/ST Development Department revised the 14-year-old existing order.
The state government will issue freeship cards for students to obtain admission to private institutions without paying the fees in advance. Students have to register in the e-grants portal and submit documents including caste, income and educational qualification certificates to avail the freeship cards.
Scholarships can be claimed for admission to IITs, deemed universities; CA, ICWA, CDA, CG and any other new generation courses all over the country.
Eligibility for scholarships
- Students who obtained admission to institutions outside Kerala under the merit or reservation category are eligible for the scholarship
- Students who secured admission to private universities and vocational training institutions can claim the scholarship
- Tuition, examination and special fees will be given away for students pursuing distance, online, part-time, and evening courses
- PhD, M.Phil, M.Tech and M.Lit students who have not cleared UGC GATE exam will get 75 per cent of UGC fellowship under contingent grant category
- Kerala government will issue the lump sum grant, stipend and pocket money under the title academic allowance as a one-time settlement