Lalit Kala Akademi Scholarship
Lalit Kala Akademi, Rabindra Bhavan New Delhi-110 001, has invited applications from Artists, Art-Critics and Art Historians below 35 years of age as on 1 January, 2018, for the award of Lalit Kala Akademi Scholarship for 2018-19.
Under the scheme, scholarships are awarded to young and deserving upcoming artists including applicants from a visual art background by providing them a work space to improve their creative skills and innovative ideas in their respective fields. A total of 40 Scholarships will be given subject to availability of funds and work space. A scholar will get Rs. 10,000/- per month, for a period of one year, to cover living expenses, travel expenses, purchase of art material, etc.
Subjects/Fields in which Scholarships will be awarded include Sculpture, Painting, Ceramic, Graphic, Art history, Art criticism, Arts management and Art curation and documentation.
The selected scholars will be required to work full time, from 9.30 am to 6 pm daily, on all working days, at the Regional Centres of the Akademi situated in Chennai, Garhi (New Delhi), Kolkata, Lucknow, Bhubaneswar and at the camp office Shimla, which are attached to their respective states/Union Territories.
The Regional Centres of the Akademi and States attached are as follows.
- Chennai: Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Puducherry, Goa, Maharashtra, Lakshadweep
- Garhi, Delhi: Delhi, Uttarakhand, Punjab, Haryana
- Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan, Gujarat, Daman & Diu, Dadra and Nagar Haveli
- Kolkata: West Bengal, Meghalaya, Manipur, Assam,Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Mizoram, Andaman & Nicobar Islands
- Bhubaneswar: Odisha, Bihar, Madhya Pradesh, Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh
- Camp Office Shimla: Himachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir, Chandigarh
The decision of the Lalit Kala Akademi will be final and binding with regard to the allotment of work space at a centre to the selected scholars. No request for change of centre will be entertained under any circumstances.
Eligibility: Applicants should be Indian citizens, having an art back ground or education in the field of Art-Degree/Diploma or proof of work experience in the field of visual art- for at least five years.
Applicant should have adequate knowledge in the discipline for which he/she applies. Applicant should not be less than 21 years of age and not more than 35 years, as on 1 January 2018. Those who are undergoing regular studies and those engaged in full time employment or business are not eligible. If applicant is employed on any other terms, he/she must provide complete details and attach the NOC from the employer, along with a proper address.
Application form: Entry Forms are available in the Scholarship Prospectus that can be downloaded from http://lalitkala.gov.in/showdetails.php?id=391
Scholarship Notification is also available at this link.
Application forms can also be obtained from Lalit Kala Akademi, Rabindra Bhavan, 35, Ferozeshah Road, New Delhi-110001, Regional Centres of LKA, Lalit Kala Akademi Branch Office, Shimla Gaiety Theatre Complex, The Mall, Shimla - 171 009, Phone: 0945927917, Srimanta Sankaradeva Kalakshetra, Guwahati Panjabari, Guwahati, Assam-680 020, Phone: 0361-2332665 & State Lalit Kala Academies, Zonal Cultural Centres and Art Organisations .
The following documents should be submitted with the application form, with photograph:
- Attested copies of Education Qualifications (Degrees, Diplomas etc.), experience, etc. Original documents should not be attached
- One self-attested copy of the Matriculation or equivalent certificate or other admissible evidence of age
- One recent passport size photograph
- A short bio-data
- Attested (to be done by a senior artist/ known art teacher) copies of photographs of a maximum of five original artworks produced by the applicant in the last 5 years, along with details carrying the information of title/ medium/ size and year of execution
- Statement about the work (10 to 15 lines)
- Written concept note on the proposed research work (400 words)
- One published article of 1000 to 1500 words, in case applicant has any written/published, publication, with translations in Hindi or English, if the articles is in languages other than Hindi or English
- Details and value of artworks or publications of the applicants that have been sold during the last three years and approximate income from the sale proceeds or publications
- Details of exhibitions in which the artworks of the applicant has been exhibited
- Particulars of any scholarship/fellowship received in the past, its amount and duration, along with details of awards, recognition and distinction that has been received by the applicant
- Two reference letters of which at least one should be from a senior artist or a known art teacher
- Particulars of financial aid other than scholarship/fellowship received from other agencies, including foreign agencies during the last five years, showing the purpose for which it was received
- Certificate of Disability (in case of differently abled applicants), Scheduled Caste/Tribe or Backward Classes 9if applicable), issued by the Competent Authority
Applicants must write their name and details on photographs or articles for verification. The documents must be provided will not be returnable and will be retained by the Akademi for future reference.
The filled in application & enclosures must reach ‘Secretary, Lalit Kala Akademi, Rabindra Bhavan, 35, Ferozeshah Road, New Delhi-110001’, within 30 days of publication of the advertisement (There is no date given in the Notification. The Notification was published in a daily on 11 January 2018).
The selection for award of scholarships will be made by a Jury comprising of senior artists and experts in the field of art. The result will be published on the website of the Lalit Kala Akademi. The Award letter will be sent to the selected candidates by speed post.
More information can be had from Scholarship Section, C.S. Krishna Setty/Vishalakshi Nigam; Administrator/Secretary In charge on phone: 011- 23009282, 23009235.