CCRT Scholarships for Cultural Excellence: Apply by Nov 30
New Delhi: The Centre for Cultural Resources and Training (CCRT) Ministry of Culture, Government of India, has invited applications from young artistes who have shown outstanding promise in different cultural fields, for the award of Scholarships.
The Scheme proposes to give assistance for two years, to young artistes of outstanding promise, for advanced training within India in the field of Indian Classical Music, Indian Classical Dance, Theatre, Mime, Visual art, Folk, Traditional and Indigenous Arts and Light Classical Music etc.
The nature of training will be determined in each case after taking into consideration the previous training and background of the scholar. Normally, it will be in the nature of advance training under a Guru/ Master or in a recognised institution. Consequent upon his/her selection, the Scholar will be required to undergo a rigorous training in the designated field. Such training will include minimum of three hours a day for practice alone apart from the time spent for acquiring knowledge of the theory of the subject/field concerned and also an appreciation of the related disciplines.
400 Scholarships will be awarded for each of 2016-17 & 2017-18.
Fellowship amount: Each selected scholar will be paid @ Rs. 5000/- per month for a period of two years to cover his/ her living expenses on traveling, books, art material or other equipment and tuition or training charges, if any.
Age will be reckoned as on 1st April 2016 for 2016-17 and 1st April 2017 for 2017-18. There will not be any relaxation in age.
Those who have already availed scholarship in any field under this scheme cannot apply again.
Eligibility: Applicant should not be less than 18 years and not more than 25 years as on 1st April of the year in which the application is being made. Applicant should have an adequate general education to pursue training effectively and must give evidence of the desire to make the pursuit of training, effectively. The scholarships are meant for advanced training and not for beginners and applicant must have already acquired a degree of proficiency in the chosen field. Applicant should have undergone a minimum of 5 years training with his/her Guru/Institutes. The Certificate to this effect duly signed by the present Guru / Institute and former Guru/ Institute (if any) should be submitted along with the application. After selection under this Scheme, no request for change of Guru/Institute shall be entertained without prior permission of Ministry of Culture.
Application: Applications can be submitted online at www.indiaculture.nic.in after clicking at ‘MoC Schemes Application’ (or at http://csms.nic.in/login/index.php#) and ‘Registration’ links there. On filling the Registration form, applicant will get the Username and Password for Login. Applicant should then go to the ‘Current scheme status’ and Click on the appropriate Scheme, fill up the form and submit. Last date for submission of applications is 30th November, 2017.
One can apply for both the years separately, if eligible.
One must apply only in one subject/ field in which he/she is confident because only one scholarship could be availed under the Scheme. All applications of those, who apply in more than one subject/field would be rejected.
Each successful application will be allotted a unique enrollment number by the system. Applicant may refer to the number in their future correspondence with the CCRT or Ministry of Culture, Govt. of India.
Selection: An Expert-Committee comprising experts in different fields duly constituted by the Ministry of Culture, Government of India, would interview all the shortlisted applicants on the basis of their applications and proposed Program of training to select the most meritorious among them.
The list of shortlisted candidates for the interview will be posted on CCRT’s website www.ccrtindia.gov.in.
All shortlisted applicants will be informed for the date, time and venue of the interview/performance and the documentary requirements, on the e-mail address provided by them in their application(s).
Following documents are required to be produced in original at the time of interview:
- A copy of the online application form, with candidate’s photo and signature at the specified space
- One self-attested copy of Education Qualifications (Degrees, Diplomas etc.), experiences etc.
- [In the case of applicants for scholarship in the field of Painting, Sculpture and Applied Arts, they are required to come with self-attested copies of 6 photographs of the Original works. The minimum qualification for Visual Arts is Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) or equivalent. An attested copy of the degree of BFA or equivalent is to be submitted. In Sculpture and all other fields (Music, Dance, Theatre and Folk and Indigenous Art etc) no minimum educational qualification is prescribed]
- Xerox self-attested copy of Date of Birth (DOB) certificate of the candidate/ applicant or self-attested copy of the Matriculation (School leaving certificate) or equivalent certificate or other admissible evidence of age (Other than Horoscope)
- Certificate from the present Guru / Institute in the format given at Part-II of the Document related to ‘Important Instructions’ available at http://indiaculture.nic.in/scheme-scholarships-young-artistes-different-cultural-fields
- [As the scholarships are awarded for advance training, applicant should have undergone a minimum of 5 years training with their Gurus/Institutes. The certificates to this effect duly signed by the present Guru/ Institute and former Guru/ Institute (if any) should be submitted along with the application. Any correction/cutting/overwriting in the Certificate of Guru/Institute will make the applicant ineligible for Scholarship]
- Bank account details of the applicant, duly attested by the Branch Manager of the Bank, in the format given at Part ‘III’[ Bank Authorization Letter]
It is mandatory to submit all documents mentioned above at the time of interview. If the candidate fails to submit any of these documents, he/she will be ineligible for the interview or performance test.
If the information furnished by the applicant is found to be forged/false it will make him/her ineligible for reimbursement of train fare and he/she would be barred from making any future applications for Scholarship, Fellowship or for any grant from the Ministry of Culture.
The names of the candidates finally selected for the award of Scholarships under this Scheme will be posted on the websites of CCRT & the Ministry of Culture, after the selection process is completed and the selection is approved by the competent authority.
Responsibilities: The awardees should submit six-monthly progress reports. In cases, where such reports are not received on time, further releases of the Scholarship amount will be withheld.
All awards sanctioned under the Scheme will be disbursed at present by the Ministry of Culture, Govt. of India directly to the Awardees(s).
Any change in the address may be given to the CCRT and Ministry of Culture in writing and showing the subject/field of training, File No. (if any).
Those facing any technical difficulties in submission of application on-line may contact NIC Cell, M/o Culture through mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or on phone no. 011-23388601 (during week days only).
In case of any query related to eligibility, etc., ‘Director, CCRT’ may be contacted, through email at email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or on Telephone Number 011-25309395/ 25309338. Section Officer, S & F Section may also be contacted at phone no. 011- 24642157 and email@example.com