UGC directions on Med admissions in Deemed Varsities
Kozhikode: The University Grants Commission has addressed the Vice-Chancellors of all Deemed Universities offering Medical/Dental Courses, bringing to their notice the directions in the Order dated 9.5.2017 of the Supreme Court of India, regarding the admission to the Medical and Dental courses.
UGC has alerted the Vice Chancellors on two clauses in the Judgment. As per Para 1 of the Judgment, ‘Common counselling for admission to All India Quota seats in Government Medical Colleges shall be conducted by the DGHS. The counselling conducted by DGHS will also include Deemed Universities as they have an All India character. The Deemed Universities mentioned above shall also include Deemed Universities run by religious and linguistic minorities’.
As per Para 5 of the Judgment, ‘The notification to be issued by the DGHS and the state Government notifying Common Counselling should also provide the fee structure of Deemed Universities and Private Medical Colleges. The DGHS/State Government should also obtain the consent of the students regarding their willingness to pay the fees provided in the notification and take admission in the Deemed Universities and Private Medical College’.
All Deemed Universities have been asked by the UGC, to ensure the compliance of the directions of the Supreme Court of India.
UGC has also published the list of Institutions Deemed to be Universities offering Medical/Dental Courses
- Gandhi institute of Technology and Management (GITAM), Gandhi Nagar Campus, Rushikonda, Visakhapatman - 530 045, Andhra Pradesh
- Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences(ILBS),D 1,Vasant Kunj, New Delhi-110070
- Jamia Hamdard, Hamdard Nagar, New Delhi-110 0162
- Sumandeep Vidyapeeth, Village-Piparia, Taluka Vaghodia, District-Vadodara, Gujarat
- Maharishi Markandeshwar University, Mullana, Ambala, Haryana.
- B.L.D.E. University, Bijapur, Karnataka
- Jagadguru Sri Shivarathreeswara University, Jagadguru Dr. Sri Shivarathri Rajendra Circle, Ramanuja Road, Mysore, Karnataka -570 004
- K.L.E. Academy of Higher Education and Research, J.N.Medical College Campus, Belgaum, Karnataka
- Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Madhav Nagar, Udupi, , Manipal, Karnataka-576 104
- NITTE University, Mangalore, Karnataka-575 003,
- Sri Devraj Urs Academy of Higher Education and Research, B. H. Road, Tamaka, Kolar, Karnataka -563 101
- Sri Siddhartha Academy of Higher Education, Tumkur District, Karnataka-572 102
- Yenepoya University, Mangalore, Karnataka
- Bharati Vidyapeeth, Bharati Vidyapeeth Bhawan, Lal Bahadur Shastri Marg, Pune, Maharashtra-41 1 030
- D.Y. Patil Educational Society, Line Bazar, Kasaba, Bavada, Kolhapur, Maharashtra-416 006
- Datta Meghe Institute of Medical Sciences, Atrey Layout, Pratap Nagar, Naqpur, Maharashtra-440022
- Dr.D.Y.Patil Vidyapeeth, Sant Tukaram Nagar, Pimpri, Pune, Maharashtra -411 018
- Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences, Malka Pur, Karad, Distt.Satara, Maharashtra
- MGM Institute of Health Sciences, MGM Campus, Sector-18, Kamothe, Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra-410 209
- Padmashree Dr.D.Y.Patl Vidyapeeth, Vidya Nagar, Sector 7, Nerul, Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra-400706, 20062002
- Pravara Institute of Medical Sciences, PO-Loni, BK-413 736, District Ahmednagar, Maharashtra
- Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology, AT/PO KIIT Patiala, Khurda, Bhubaneshwar, Orissa-751 024
- Shiksha ‘O’ Anusandhan, J-15, Khandagiri, Bhubaneswar,Orissa-751 030
- Sri Balaji Vldyapeeth, Mahatma Gandhi Medical College Campus, Pondy-Cuddalore Main Road, Pillaiyarkuppam, Pondicherry - 607 402
- Tamil Nadu
- Amrita Viswa Vidyapeetham, Ettimadai Post, Coimbatore, Tamilnadu-641105
- Bharath Institute of Higher Education & Research, 173, Agharam Road, Selaiyur, Chennai, Tamilnadu-600 073
- Chettinad Academy of Research and Education (CARE), Padur, Kelambakkam, Kancheepuram District, Tamil Nadu
- MGR Educational & Research Institute, Periyar EVR Salai (NH 4 Highway), Maduravoyal, Chennai, Tamilnadu -600 095
- Meenakshi Academy of Higher Education and Research, No. 12, Vembuli Amman Koil Street, West K.K. Nagar, Chennai, Tamilnadu-600 078
- SRM Institute of Science and Technology, 2, Veerasamy Street, West Mambalam, Chennai, Tamilnadu-600 033
- Saveetha Institute of Medical and Technical Sciences, Post Box No. 6, No. 162, Poonamalle High Road, Velappanchavadi, Tamil Nadu, Chennai-600 077
- Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Researchlnstitute, 1, Ramachandra Nagar, Chennai-600 1 16
- Vinayaka Mission’s Research Foundation, Sankari Mani Road, NH 47, Ariyanoor, Salem, Tamilnadu-636 308
- Santosh University, 1, Santosh Nagar, Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh-201 009
The letter addressed to the VCs and the list of Deemed Universities is available at http://ugc.ac.in/ugc_notices.aspx
Meanwhile, the Medical Counselling Committee has addressed all the Colleges/Deemed Universities, asking them to provide the details of the Institution related to the Fee, Bond conditions etc. It has also asked the Deemed Universities to provide the details of the All India Character seats in the University. The details on total number of seats, Management quota seats, NRI Quota, Minority quota (if any) have been called for.
The Proforma is available in the ‘News/Events’ link at http://mcc.nic.in/