UG admission at colleges under IHRD
Kozhikode: Applications are invited for admission to the 50% seats of degree courses allotted to the Applied Science Colleges managed by IHRD and affiliated to the Calicut University during 2017-18. Programme includes B.Sc Computer Science, B.Sc Electronics, B.C.A, B.A, B.Com and B.B.A.
The courses are offered at College of Applied Sciences at Agali, Ayalur, Chelakkara, Kodungallur, Kozhikode, Kuzhalmannam, Malappuram, Malampuzha, Meenangadi, Muthuvallur, Nadapuram, Nattika, Thamarassery, Thiruvambadi, Vadakkencherry, Vattamkulam and Vazhakkad.
Programmes and Eligibility
1. B.Sc. Computer Science: Candidates who have passed (eligible for higher studies) the HSE or an equivalent examination with Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Science/ Computer Application/ Information Technology/ Additional Mathematics as one of the subjects are eligible for admission.
2. B.Sc. Electronics: Students who have studied Electronics/ Physics/Mathematics as one of the optional subjects at Higher Secondary Examination level and passed (eligible for higher studies) are eligible for admission.
3. B.Com With Computer Applications/ Finance: A pass (eligible for higher studies) in the Higher Secondary Examination or its equivalent, with at least one Commerce subject, is the eligibility for admission to the B.Com. Degree programme. Candidates who have not taken at least one Commerce subject for Higher Secondary or an equivalent examination should get at least 45% (in 6 subjects) in that examination to become eligible to seek admission to B.Com programme. A concession of 5% will be given to OBC/OEC candidates. The SC/ST candidates need get only a pass (eligible for higher studies)
4. Bachelor of Computer Application: A pass in Higher Secondary or any other examination recognized as equivalent thereto by the University of Calicut with Mathematics/ Computer Science/ computer Application/ Informatics Practices as one of the optional subjects.
5. B.A English Language and Literature with Journalism: A pass in Higher Secondary or any other examination recognized as equivalent thereto by the University of Calicut.
6. B.B.A. (Bachelor of Business Administration): Any candidate who has passed (eligible for higher studies) the Higher Secondary Examination or any other examination recognized as equivalent thereto, with not less than 50% is eligible for admission to the BBA degree programme. A concession of 5% will be given to OBC / OEC candidates. The SC / ST candidates need get only a pass (eligible for higher studies).
How to apply
Application form and prospectus can be downloaded from the IHRD website www.ihrd.ac.in or the concerned College websites. Duly filled up Application forms should be submitted in person or sent by post to the Principals of the Colleges where the applicant wishes to secure admission along with the registration fees of Rs. 200 (Rs. 100 for SC/ST applicants) either by cash (if submitting in person) or by way of Demand Draft drawn in favour of the Principal of the concerned College, on or before 15-06-2017. Self attested copies of qualifying certificate/SSLC certificate/NSS/NCC/certificate claiming reservations (if any) should be attached along with the application form. For admission to more than one college, separate application form should be submitted to the Principals of the Colleges concerned.
Candidates have to submit duly filled up application at the College where they desire admission, in the prescribed form. The College, on the basis of merit, will prepare rank list.
For more details, visit www.ihrd.ac.in