Nativity/Domicile/NRI quota eligibility for medical courses
Thiruvananthapuram: The Commissioner for Entrance Examinations, Government of Kerala has notified the Nativity/Domicile criteria and Eligibility for NRI Quota in the State of Kerala for admission to Under Graduate and Post Graduate Medical/Dental courses.
UG courses (MBBS/BDS): Only Indian citizen applicants satisfying any of the listed conditions only will be eligible for admission to MBBS/BDS courses unless otherwise notified. Persons of Indian Origin (PIO)/ Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) will also be treated at par with Indian citizens for the limited purpose of admission. However PIO/OCI candidates will not be eligible for any kind of reservation.
Applicant should be (i) of Kerala origin who or either of his/her parents is born in Kerala [Only such candidates are eligible for Communal/Special/Persons with Disabilities reservation or any fee concession] OR (ii) Child of All India Service (AIS) officers (Non-Keralites) allotted to Kerala cadre OR (iii) one who is not of Kerala origin but who has undergone qualifying course in Kerala and who is son/daughter of Non-Keralite parents belong to Government of India/Defence Service, posted to Kerala OR (iv) one who is not of Kerala origin but who has undergone qualifying course in Kerala and who is son/daughter of Non-Keralite parents who are serving/served Government of Kerala for a minimum period of two years OR (v) one who is not of Kerala origin but has been a resident of Kerala State for a period of 5 years within the period of 12(twelve) years of his/her study OR (vi) one who is not of Kerala origin but who has undergone his/her school studies in Kerala from standard VIII to XII.
PG courses (Medical/Dental): Applicant should be (i) Indian Citizen of Kerala origin who or either of his/her parents is born in Kerala. Persons of Indian Origin (PIO)/Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) will also be treated at par with Indian Citizens for the limited purpose of admission, provided they execute a bond to serve as Senior Resident for 3 years. However POI/OCI candidates will not be eligible for any kind of reservation OR (ii) one who is son/daughter of Non-Keralite parents, who has obtained MBBS/BDS Degree (as applicable) from any of the Medical/Dental colleges in the State of Kerala. But they will not be eligible for Communal/Special/Persons with Disabilities reservation benefits.
NRI Quota: (eligibility for both UG and PG Medical/Dental courses)]: ‘An applicant, who depends upon his/her Father/Mother/Brothers and Sisters (inclusive of first cousins)/Husband/Wife/Brothers and Sisters (inclusive of first cousins) of Father or Mother/Half Brother/Half Sister/Adopted Father or Adopted Mother working abroad’ is eligible to apply under NRI Quota. Those seeking admission to NRI Quota seats in UG & PG Medical/Dental courses in Self Financing Medical/Dental colleges will have to produce the following documents:
- Relationship certificate of the Sponsor and students to be issued by the Revenue Authorities as per GO(MS) No. 243/2014/H&FWD dated 06.08.2014
- Overseas Employment Certificate issued by the Employer, attested by the Embassy and if self-employed, it should also be attested by the Embassy. In the case of non-submission of Embassy Certificate, the endorsement in the passport of the sponsor about the employment by the Embassy/Consulate shall be accepted. Certificate issued by the Embassy/Consulate stating that the Sponsor is a Non Resident Indian (NRI) or an Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) or the Green Card documents shall be accepted in lieu of the Overseas Employment Certificate issued by the Employer and attested by the Embassy
- Passport with Visa stamped on it and attested by the Embassy
- A self-affidavit of the relationship between sponsor and the candidate (Sponsorship Certificate)
- The sponsor should be an Indian Citizen/Overseas citizen of India/Person of Indian Origin and relevant document to prove the same.
The full Notification is available at http://cee-kerala.org/