National Fellowship for Persons with Disabilities (NFPwD) for M.Phil/Ph.D; Apply by Jan 17
University Grants Commission (UGC), New Delhi-110 002, on behalf of Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (DEPwD), Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, has invited applications for the National Fellowship for Persons with Disabilities (NFPwD) for the year 2020-21 for pursuing M.Phil/Ph.D.
Any student with disabilities who has been admitted to M.Phil/Ph.D degree and is pursuing research through regular and full time mode in a University or academic institution, by completing the required formalities for admission in that University or academic institution, is eligible for the fellowship. The scheme covers all Universities/ Institutions recognized by the UGC/Government of India.
Duration: The fellowship is payable for a maximum period of 5 years. It commences from 01.04.2020 or actual date of admission/registration of candidate for M.Phil./Ph.D., whichever is later. For M.Phil. the fellowship is available for a maximum of 2 years or submission of dissertation whichever is earlier. For M.Phil.+ Ph.D. it will be for 5 years from commencement of Fellowship or till submission of Ph.D. thesis, whichever is earlier. For Ph.D. it will be available for 5 years or till submission of Ph.D. thesis, whichever is earlier.
There are 200 slots with provision of reservation of 15% for Scheduled Castes and 7.5% for Scheduled Tribes. The selection will be made purely on merit based on the percentage of marks obtained by the candidates in their Post-Graduation (PG) examination.
After the selections process, UGC will issue a list containing names of provisionally selected candidates. Those who are awarded the fellowship are not entitled for any other monetary benefit from Central or State Government or other bodies like UGC for pursuing M.Phil/Ph.D.
Amount of Fellowship: The rate of fellowship for JRF and SRF, under the scheme, is as under:
- Fellowship @ Rs.31,000/-p.m. for first two year as JRF and @ Rs.35,000/-p.m. for remaining tenure as SRF.
- Contingency (Humanities & Social Sciences including Arts/Fine Arts) @ Rs.10,000/-p.a. for initial two year (JRF); @ Rs.20,500/-p.a. for remaining tenure(SRF)
- Contingency (Science, Engineering & Technology)- @ Rs.12,000/-p.a. initial two year (JRF); @ Rs.25,000/-p.a. for remaining tenure (SRF)
- Escorts/Reader assistance- @ Rs.2,000/- p.m. in case of candidates with physical and visual disabilities
- HRA- As per Govt. of India norms.
Details are available in the Notification at https://www.ugc.ac.in/ugc_notices.aspx
Applications can be filed at https://www.ugc.ac.in/ugc_schemes/ latest by 17th January, 2021.