MBBS/BDS admission under NRI quota: Documents invited
Thiruvanathapuram: The candidates seeking admission to the 15% NRI quota seats in Self Financing Medical/Dental colleges are directed to send the self-attested copies of required documents to prove their eligibility for the claim under NRI quota. The documents must reach the office of the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations on or before 31.07.2017
The documents include:
- Relationship certificate of the Sponsor and students to be issued by the Revenue Authorities
- Overseas Employment Certificate issued by the Employer, attested by the Embassy and if self employed, it should also be attested by the Embassy.
- Passport with Visa stamped on it and attested by the Embassy
- A self affidavit of the relationship between sponsor and the candidate (Sponsorship Certificate)
- The sponsor should be an Indian Citizen/Overseas citizen of India/Person of Indian Origin and relevant document to prove the same.
The admissions to the entire MBBS, BDS seats including Minority/NRI quota seats in Self-Financing Medical/Dental colleges in the State for the year 2017-18 shall be done through a common counseling to be conducted by the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations from State Rank lists prepared on the basis of NEET (UG) 2017 rank list. The Self Financing Medical/Dental colleges shall be included in the second phase of counseling to the State Quota seats to be held from 08.08.2017 to 19.08.2017.
Candidates are directed to enter their home page through the link ‘KEAM-2017 Candidate Portal’ provided in the website www.cee.kerala.gov.in of the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations and then by clicking the menu item ‘Proforma for Admission to NRI Quota’, a printout of the proforma can be taken. This proforma duly filled up and signed by the candidate along with self attested copies of the above documents should be forwarded to the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations, Housing Board Buildings, 5th Floor, Santhi Nagar, Thiruvananthapuram-695001 by Registered post/Speed post/Hand delivery so as to reach him on or before 31.07.2017.
The category-wise list of NRI quota applicants will be prepared by including the candidates who send the documents within the stipulated time and will be published before the allotment.