Kannur MC gets prospectus approval
Kochi: The Admission Supervisory Committee has today granted prospectus approval to Kannur Medical College, Anjarakandy. It has got an intake strength of 100 MBBS seats for the academic year 2016-17. Online application for management and NRI quota seats can be submitted from 10th September 2016. The last date for submission of online applications at the college is 19th September 2016.
It is stated in the prospectus, that the Medical College would admit 85% seats in the management quota, on the basis of inter se merit of the NEET qualified candidates. The remaining 15% will be admitted under NRI quota. It is a Muslim Minority Institution.
The medical college did not so far enter into an agreement with the Government for seat sharing. Though the ASC approved the prospectus, certain provisions in the prospectus are rejected. The claim of the Medical College to admit five seats under dependents of the Trustees and staff are not approved, as the same being against the provisions, particularly in the absence of a consensual agreement, the order stated.
The Committee's view was accepted by the HC in its order dated 23.09.2015. Hence, the ASC directed the college to remove particular clause from the prospectus and the same be filled under General Merit category from NEET 2016 list, basing on Transparency, Inter se merit, Maintaining Academic Excellence, Without any Capitation Fee Collection and Exploitation of the students.
The Committee asked the college to seek prior permission from the ASC to conduct spot admission. "If any candidate is admitted through Spot Admission, without the prior permission of the ASC, the admission of such candidate(s) will not be approved and sent to the KUHS for registration," the order noted.
It should be noted that the last date to submit online application to Management/NRI Quota seats in private medical colleges other than Kannur is 9th September 2016 midnight. No application can be received after the stipulated time scheduled by the ASC.