GATE 2018: Dates announced
New Delhi: The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering 2018 (GATE 2018) will be held on 3rd, 4th, 10th and 11th of February 2018. The test is conducted for admissions to Postgraduate Programmes (Master's and Doctoral) with MHRD and other Government Scholarships/ Assistantships in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture/ Science.
The GATE score is also used by some PSUs for their recruitment. GATE 2018 score will be valid for three years from the date of announcement of results. IIT Guwahati is the organising institute. The examination for all the papers will be Computer Based Tests.
It will be conducted in selected cities and towns in India as well as in the following cities abroad: Addis Ababa (Ethiopia), Colombo (Sri Lanka), Dhaka (Bangladesh), Dubai (UAE), Kathmandu (Nepal), and Singapore.
- Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/Technology (4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after B.Sc./Diploma in Engineering/ Technology) and those who are in the final year of such programmes.
- Bachelor’s degree holders in Architecture (Five years course) and those who are in the final year of such programmes.
- Bachelor’s degree holders of Four-year programme in Science (B.S.) and those who are in the final year of such programmes.
- Master’s degree holders in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programmes.
- Holders of Four-year Integrated Master’s degree (Post B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology and those who are in the second or higher year of such programmes.
- Holders of Five-year Integrated Master’s degree or Dual Degree in Engineering/Technology and those who are in the fourth or higher year of such programmes.
- Holders of Five-year integrated M.Sc. or Five-year integrated B.Sc./M.Sc. degree and those who are in the final year of such programmes.
- Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE/ MHRD as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech. Those who have completed Section A of AMIE or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.
Application Fee for Centres in India:
Female candidates: Rs. 750
SC, ST, PwD candidates: Rs. 750
All other candidates: Rs. 1500
Application Fee for Centres Abroad:
Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka, and Kathmandu: US$ 50
Dubai and Singapore: US$ 100
How to apply
Applications can be submitted online (http://www.gate.iitg.ac.in/) from 1st September 2017 to 5th October 2017. The application portal can be accessed through any of the GATE zonal websites.