Representative Image / File Photo: MV Sinoj
Thiruvananthapuram: The draft approach paper to Kerala Curriculum Framework (KCF) 2022 has recommended grading and quality review of schools across the state. Like the NAAC accreditation for colleges, schools will be given internal and external grades based on their performance. The new curriculum will give more emphasis on digital learning and job focused studies.
From academic 2024 new curriculum and textbooks will be imbibed. It is learnt that curriculum revision is in line with National Education Policy (NEP). While the state government is also trying to incorporate Scandinavian model of education. The curriculum and allied aspects are going through an integral change after 2013. The workshop for the preparation of detailed framework has begun in Thiruvananthapuram.
Some of the important aspects:
- Blended learning (hybrid) by integrating face-to-face classes and online classes
- Audio books, digital lessons, interactive learning, internet-based information resources
- Separate software for teachers and students
- Improvement of local job opportunities
- Holistic development, local economy, skill improvement
- Orientation cell for career inputs