Student walking through the school campus / Photo: Latheesh Poovathur
Kannur: Government Higher Secondary School at Munderi here has undergone a corporate building-like makeover with top-notch amenities. The school building was renovated by spending Rs 45 crore. With this, the school has turned into a unique one compared to schools in rural areas of the state.
The renovation of the school was a dream project of former MP KK Ragesh during his tenure. Now, the present stature of the school has become a dream come true moment for all.
The fund for renovation was pooled by utilizing the Corporate Social Responsibility of the companies. While it was worked out through Munderi Government Higher Secondary School Development Reformation and Academic Advancement(MUDRA) plan.
By now, the school has 29 smart classrooms with an Interactive Flat Panel. It can be used as both a black/white board for writing and displaying lessons in the syllabus in an interactive manner. More smart classrooms are getting ready in the school.
Here are the major attractions:
- ISER model science labs in which 60 students can do practical experiments at a time; work on advanced lab with robotic system progressing
- Botanical garden, bio-diversity park, science museum
- Work on planetarium with 7D theatre and construction of observatory progressing
- Swimming pool, special courts for games like football, volleyball, basketball and badminton
- A/C auditorium with a seating capacity of 1,000; work on A/C dining hall progressing
- 100 KWA solar plant for electricity production; excess will be given to grid
- Library with 15,000 books apart from classroom library; reading hall
- Fine quality desk, bench, a personal shelf