Represenattive image (Mathrubhumi Archives)
Thiruvananthapuram: The state government amended Kerala Education Rule (KER) by making it compulsory to obtain prior permission for facilitating permanent appointments of teachers at aided schools. The amendment was introduced to prevent the aided schools from submitting faulty number of students to create extra vacancies for the teachers.
The conditions instituted through many other recent orders were also included in the new amendment.
Conditions included in KER
- The education officer has to visit schools and inspect the number of students by checking UID before granting extra vacancies for teachers. It will be again scrutinized by the Super Check Officer. If new vacancies were found necessary, recommendations will be sent to the Education Director before July 15, which will be forwarded to the government before August 31. The government will take a final decision on new vacancies within September 30 to complete the procedures of appointments before October 1.
- If any discrepancies were found in the number of students, actions will be taken against the manager, education officers, headmaster/ vice principal and teachers who are responsible for it.
- Unfilled vacancies will be calculated after considering the data until July 15.
- Extra classes and more vacancies of teachers will be granted by evaluating the data until October 1.
- The number of students in schools will be examined with the help of the UID details available in the Sampoorna portal of the Education department. The details regarding vacancies and posts, teachers’ appointments and approval for appointments will be managed through the Samanwaya portal.
- The teacher- students ratio has been fixed at 1:35 as per the rules prescribed by the Union government.
- Following discussions with the regional education officers, the schools have to make decisions over the students who are continuously found absent for 15 days even after starting the next academic year.