Ph.D admission at IARI: Apply now
Kochi: Indian Agricultural Research Institute New Delhi (IARI), New Delhi has invited applications for admission to Ph.D Courses in various disciplines for Academic Year 2016-17 at IARI, New Delhi; CIAE, Bhopal & IIHR, Bengaluru.
(i) Essential Qualification for Admission
(a) Only those candidates who had their Bachelor’s Degree Programmes under 10+2+4 OR 10+2+3 OR 10+1+4 system (OR awarded B.Sc. degree under 10+2+2 system prior to 1985) and fulfill the qualifications as prescribed in this bulletin are eligible to apply for admission.
(b) For General/OBC candidates: At least 60% marks OR an overall grade point average (OGPA) of 7.50 out of 10.00 OR 3.75 out of 5.00 OR 3.00 out of 4.00 OR 2.25 out of 3.00 in M.Sc./M.Sc. (Ag.)/M.Tech./M.E.
For SC/ST/PC candidates: At least 55% marks OR OGPA of 7.00 out of 10.00 OR 3.50 out of 5.00 OR 2.80 out of 4.00 OR 2.10 out of 3.00 in M.Sc./M.Sc. (Ag.)/M.Tech./M.E.
The candidates who are appearing in the Master’s degree examination in 2016 are also eligible to apply provisionally for admission and appear in the entrance examination, but they will have to submit documentary evidence (including mark sheet for M.Sc. examination) of their eligibility latest by 4.30 P.M. on July 2, 2016.
(ii) Qualification for Admission to Different Disciplines:
The candidates must satisfy one of the qualifications as indicated against the relevant course of Ph.D. degree programme and discipline to which admission is sought.
Discipline - Qualifications (M.Sc./M.Sc.(Agri.)/M.Tech./M.E. in)
01. Agricultural Chemicals: Agricultural Chemicals/Soil Science and Agricultural Chemistry/Environmental Science/Chemistry
02. Agricultural Economics: Agricultural Economics/Dairy Economics/Livestock Economics/Agricultural Marketing and Cooperation/Fisheries Economics
03. Agricultural Engineering: Agricultural Engineering/Dairy Engineering/Water Science and Technology; M.Sc. in Dairy Engineering are eligible for Ph.D. in Agricultural Processing and Structures (Pre- requisite; B.Sc./B.Tech./BE in Agricultural Engineering)
04. Agricultural Extension: Agricultural Extension/Extension Education/DairyExtension/Fisheries Extension/Livestock Extension/Home Science extension/Agricultural Extension and Communication/ Veterinary and Animal Husbandry Extension
05. Agricultural Physics: Agricultural Physics/Agril. Chemistry/Soil Science/Agricultural Meteorology/Meteorology/Agricultural Engineering/Engineering/Physics/Bio-physics/Water Science and Technology/Geo-informatics/Remote Sensing
06. Agricultural Statistics: Agricultural Statistics/Statistics/Mathematical Statistics/Bio-Statistics
07. Agronomy : Agronomy/Water Science and Technology/Water Management
08. Biochemistry: Biochemistry/Agricultural Biochemistry/Agricultural Chemistry/Molecular Biology and /OR Biotechnology/Relevant discipline of Life Sciences/Chemistry with Organic Chemistry as a special subject/Plant Physiology/ Biophysics
09. Bioinformatics: Bioinformatics/Molecular Biology and/OR Biotechnology/Computer Sciences/Computer Application/Agricultural Sciences/Life Sciences and equivalent
10. Computer Application: M.Sc./MCA/M.Tech./M.E. in Computer Science/Computer Application/Computer Engineering/ Computer Science Engineering/ Information Technology/M.Tech. Agricultural Engineering/ M.Tech. in Post Harvest Technology
11. Entomology : Entomology/Agricultural Entomology/Zoology or Plant Protection with Entomology as specialization/Relevant Life Sciences
12. Environmental Sciences: Agricultural Sciences/Environmental Sciences/Physical Sciences/Life Sciences/ Chemical Sciences
13. Floriculture and Landscaping Architecture :Horticulture or Agriculture with major in Floriculture/Post Harvest Technology of Horticultural Crops/Genetics and/OR Plant Breeding/Plant Genetic Resources/Plant Physiology/Crop Physiology with specialisation in Floriculture
14. Fruit Science : Horticulture or Agriculture with major in Fruit Science/ Pomology/Genetics and/OR Plant Breeding/Plant Genetic Resources/Plant Physiology with specialisation in any of above discipline of Fruit Science/Physiology/Water Science and Technology
15. Microbiology : Microbiology/Agricultural Microbiology /Soil Science and/OR Agricultural Chemistry/ Genetics/Botany/Agricultural Botany/ Molecular Biology and/OR Biotechnology/Relevant Life Sciences/Biochemistry with Microbiology as a special subject/Environmental Microbiology/Industrial Microbiology
16. Genetics: Genetics and/OR Plant Breeding/Plant Genetic Resources/any other branch of Biological Sciences with Genetics and/OR Plant Breeding as a subject
17. Molecular Biology & Biotechnology: Molecular Biology and/OR Biotechnology/ Biochemistry/Agricultural Biochemistry/Botany/Agricultural Botany/Genetics and/OR Plant Breeding/Relevant Life Sciences/ Microbiology Agricultural Microbiology/Plant Genetic Resources/Bioinformatics
18. Nematology : Nematology/Entomology/Zoology/Botany/Mycology and/ OR Plant Pathology/Relevant Life Sciences/Molecular Biology and/ OR Biotechnology/Plant Protection with Nematology as specialization/ Agricultural Entomology/Agricultural Microbiology/Helminthology with Nematology
19. Plant Genetic Resources: Plant Genetic Resources/Genetics/Plant Breeding/ Agricultural Botany/ Horticulture/Plant Biotechnology/ Seed Science & Technology/Plant Physiology/any other branch of Biological Sciences with specialization in these subjects and/OR Plant Taxonomy/Economic Botany/Biotechnology
20. Plant Pathology: Mycology and/OR Plant Pathology/Botany/ Agricultural Botany/Molecular Biology and/OR Biotechnology/Genetics/Microbiology/Seed Science & Technology/ Biochemistry/Plant Genetic Resources/Plant Protection/Relevant Life Sciences with Mycology and Plant Pathology as specialization/Bioinformatics
21. Plant Physiology: Plant Physiology/Crop Physiology/Botany/Agricultural Botany/ Biochemistry/Relevant Life Sciences/Molecular Biology and/OR Biotechnology/Plant Genetic Resources/Bio Science/Plant Science
22. Post Harvest Technology: a) For Post Harvest Technology of Horticultural Crops Horticulture/Post Harvest Technology/Food Science & Technology; b) For Post Harvest Engineering and Technology Agricultural Processing and Structures/Food Engineering/Post Harvest Engineering/Biochemical Engineering.
23. Seed Science & Technology: Seed Science & Technology/Genetics and/OR Plant Breeding/Plant Physiology/Crop Physiology/Mycology and/OR Plant Pathology/Entomology/Nematology/ Botany/Agricultural Botany/Plant Genetic Resources
24. Soil Science & Agricultural Chemistry: Soil Science and/OR Agricultural Chemistry/Chemistry/Agricultural Physics with specialization in Soil Physics/ Environmental Sciences with specialization in Soil Science/Agricultural Microbiology with specialization in Soil Science
25. Vegetable Science Horticulture or Agriculture with major in Olericulture/ Vegetable Science/Vegetable Breeding/ Genetics and/OR Plant Breeding/Plant Genetic Resources with specialization in Vegetable Science
26. Water Science & Technology Water Science and Technology/Agricultural Physics/ Soil Science & Agricultural Chemistry /Mathematics (with Physical Sciences at Bachelors Degree Level)/ M.Tech in Agril. Engineering/Civil Engineering
(iii) Age Limit
The minimum age for admission shall be 21 years as on 31st July, 2016. No relaxation is admissible regarding the minimum age limit.
Candidates are required to submit their application form (online only) at http://agroweb.icar.gov.in
A candidate can apply for admission to one discipline only. Details about application procedure is available on http://www.iari.res.in/files/Latest-News/PhD_Info_Bulletin-2016-17_12022016.pdf
Before filling the Online Application Form the candidates are required to get the Demand Draft of requisite fee (Rs. 1000/- for Gen/OBC category and Rs. 500/- for SC/ST/PC category) prepared from any branch of nationalized bank in favour of Director, IARI, payable at New Delhi and fill its details in the Online Application Form.
After successful submission, the candidate should take a printout of the online submitted Application Form and send the hard copy of it to Registrar, PG School, IARI, New Delhi -12 along with attested copies of the following documents:
● Proof of Date of Birth.
● Matriculation (X) or equivalent certification and marks sheet.
● Intermediate (XII) of equivalent certification and marks sheet.
● Bachelor’s degree certificate and marks sheet.
● Master’s degree certificate and marks sheet.
● SC/ST/OBC/PC certificate (whichever is applicable).
● Certificate required from candidates appearing for M.Sc./M.Sc.(Ag.)/M.E. final year examination.
● Original Demand Draft in favour of Director, IARI, payable at New Delhi.
The application (consisting of printout of online application form) duly signed by the candidate along with the required documents must reach the Registrar, PG School, IARI, New Delhi-110012 on or before (14 March, 2016) the last date receiving the documents.
Admit Cards for the Entrance Examination to be conducted on April 24, 2016 may be downloded during April 20 - 24, 2016. The entrance examination will be conducted in the cities namely; Bhopal, Bangalore, Coimbatore, Delhi, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Pune, Udaipur, and Varanasi
For details, visit the website link: http://www.iari.res.in/