PG Admissions at Bhopal School of Planning and Architecture
School of Planning and Architecture (SPA), Bhopal, an autonomous institution of National importance of Government of India, has invited applications for the Post Gradate Entrance Test for admission to the Master of Planning and Master of Architecture programmes in various specializations offered for the session 2020-21. The notification is for filling the seats available at SPA Bhopal through Direct Admissions.
Both the Programmes are fill time and of duration of 2 years. The Post Graduate Programmes in Planning include (i) Master of Planning (Urban and Regional Planning (ii) Master of Planning (Environmental Planning) (iii) Master of Planning (Transportational Planning)
Post Graduate Programmes in Architecture are (i) Master of Architecture (Conservation)/Master of Conservation (ii) Master of Architecture (Landscape)/Master of Landscape Design (iii) Master of Architecture (Urban Design)
Eligibility for admission is as follows:
B.Arch/B.Plan holders are eligible to apply for all the Programmes in Architecture and Planning. Those having B.E./B. Tech (Civil Engineering) are eligible for all Programmes except Master of Architecture (Urban Design)
The other disciplines eligible for admission to some of the Programmes are as follows:
- Master of Arch. (Landscape) -B.Sc + M.Sc in any of Horticulture/ Agriculture/ Forestry/ Ecology/Botany, Zoology/Geology/Geomorphology
- Master of Arch. (Conservation) – (i) M.A in History/ Cultural studies/ Heritage studies/ Anthropology or equivalent (ii) M.A/ M. Sc in Museology/ Archeology or equivalent (iii) PG Diploma (two years) in Archeology/Museology/ Conservation/ or equivalent, from national institutes/university (iv) 5 year integrated Degree in Law with specialization in Heritage Law.
- Master of Planning (Urban and Regional Planning)- (i) M.A. / M.Sc. in Geography/ Economics (ii) M.A. in Sociology
- Master of Planning (Environmental Planning)- (i) M.A. / M.Sc. in Geography/ Economics/ Sociology (ii) M.Sc. Environmental Science (iii) B.E/B.Tech Environmental Engineering (iv) 5 year integrated Degree in Law with specialization in Environmental Law (v) 5 year integrated Degree in General Law.
- Master of Planning (Transport Planning and Logistics Management)- (i) M.A. / M.Sc. in Geography/ Economics (ii) M.Sc. Statistics /Operations Research/Econometrics
Applicant has to satisfy the conditions related to the marks in the qualifying examination as given at https://admission.spab.ac.in/
Applicants should not be over 30 years of age as on 1 August 2020. For sponsored candidates upper age limit is 40 years.
Those applying under direct admissions will not be eligible for scholarships even if they are GATE Qualified.
Selection will be based on Online Entrance Test. It will have General Objective Type (MCQ) questions common for all applicants of all Programmes and Objective and Subjective (descriptive/Sketching/Drawing/Computations) questions based on the basic understanding of the Programme applied for. Further information on the Test will be announced in due course.
Application: Applications can be submitted online at https://admission.spab.ac.in/ latest by 31 July 2020. Those awaiting the final results of their qualifying examination can also apply. An applicant can apply for maximum of 2 Programmes stating the order of preference. Application fee is Rs.2000/-. For SC/ST/PwD, it is Rs.1000/-. Amount can be paid online through SBI payment Gateway.
For details, see at https://admission.spab.ac.in/