Graduate School Admissions 2021: Apply by January 31
Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, a Deemed to be University; National Centre of the Government of India for Nuclear Science & Mathematics; Homi Bhabha Road, Colaba, Mumbai- 400005, has invited applications for admission to Ph.D; Integrated M.Sc.-Ph.D Programme In Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Computer & Systems Sciences; Ph.D. Programme In Science Education; and M.Sc. Programme In Biology.
The Centres where the Programmes are offered are as follows:
- Mathematics: (i) School of Mathematics, Mumbai (ii) Centre for Applicable Mathematics, Bengaluru (iii) International Centre for Theoretical Sciences, Bengaluru
- Physics: (i) Department of Astronomy & Astrophysics, Department of Condensed Matter Physics & Materials Science, Department of High Energy Physics, Department of Nuclear & Atomic Physics, Department of Theoretical Physics (all at Mumbai campus) (ii) National Centre for Radio Astrophysics, Pune (iii) TIFR Centre for Interdisciplinary Sciences, Hyderabad (iv) International Centre for Theoretical Sciences, Bengaluru
- Chemistry: (i) Department of Chemical Sciences, Mumbai (ii) TIFR Centre for Interdisciplinary Sciences, Hyderabad
- Biology: (i) Department of Biological Sciences, Mumbai (ii) National Centre for Biological Sciences, Bengaluru (iii) TIFR Centre for Interdisciplinary Sciences, Hyderabad
- Computer & Systems Sciences including Communications and Machine Learning - School of Technology & Computer Science, Mumbai
- Science Education-Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education, Mumbai.
The Programmes available at each centre and the eligibility for admission to each can be seen at http://univ.tifr.res.in
Selection: The admissions (in all subjects except Science Education) will be based on an online test followed by interviews and/or second written test of shortlisted candidates depending on the subject/ programme.
The online Graduate School Entrance Examination (GS-2021) will be held on, March 7, 2021 (Sunday) at Centres listed at http://univ.tifr.res.in
The Morning Session (9.30 a.m to 12.30 p.m) will have tests in Physics, Chemistry and Computer & Systems Sciences and the Afternoon session, will have tests in Biology (JGEEBILS) (2.30 p.m. to 4.30 p.m) and Mathematics (2.30 p.m. to 5.30 p.m)
GATE / NET / JEST score based admissions are offered in some subjects. Details may be seen in the website.
Application: Applications can be submitted online at http://univ.tifr.res.in latest by January 31, 2021. Application fee is Rs.1200/- (Males) and Rs.600/- (Females), to be paid online by Net-banking/Credit/Debit cards/UPI etc. One may take online test in multiple subjects provided the timings do not clash by submitting separate applications and fees for each subject. There is a provision for a waiver of application fee on grounds of financial distress on request, details of which are given in the website.
Fellowships: Details of the Fellowships offered are given in the website.
The academic year starts on August 2, 2021.