BSc Nursing / PBSc at AKG Co-Op. Nursing College
Kochi, May 23, 2016: Applications have been invited by AKG Memorial Co-Operative College of Nursing, Kannur for admission to Management seats of Post Basic BSc / BSc Nursing courses of the year 2016 - 2017
Eligibility for Admission
Post Basic BSc Nursing:
A candidate seeking admission to Post Basic BSc Nursing course:
- Should have passed the Higher Secondary Examination or any other examination recognized as equivalent to it with physics, chemistry and biology as optional and diploma in General nursing and Midwifery course of 3 or 3½ years duration approved by the INC with a minimum of 50% marks aggregate.
- should have obtained registration with KNC and eligibility certificate for the candidates who have passed qualifying examination outside the state of Kerala.
- The upper age limit for the course is 45 years
a. Candidates who have passed the Higher Secondary Examination of the Board of Higher Secondary Education of Kerala or equivalent examination recognized by any of the universities in the state of Kerala with 50% marks in Biology separately and 50% marks in physics, chemistry and biology put together are eligible for admission (for SC/ST 40% marks)
b. Candidates who have passed BSc degree (3 years course) examination with Physics, Chemistry, Zoology, Botany or Biochemistry as Main, and any one or two of the above subjects as subsidiaries, with 50% marks for Main and Subsidiaries taken together subject to the condition that they have passed higher secondary examination, Kerala or examinations recognized as equivalent with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as optional subjects are eligible for admission.
c. Eligibility certificate: Candidates who have passed their qualifying examination from outside the state of Kerala shall produce the certificate of recognition and equivalency of qualifying examination from the Kerala University of Health and Allied Sciences, Thrissur. This should be furnished at the time of interview
1. Applicants should have completed 17 years of age on 31st December 2016. No relaxation of the minimum age will be allowed.
2. Self-attested copy of relevant page of school record namely SSLC / ICSE / CBSE certificate showing date of birth / copy of birth certificate from appropriate authority should be furnished along with the application in proof of age.
The application forms can be downloaded from http://www.akgnursingcollege.com
The application forms and prospectus can be obtained from the college office and AKG Hospital, Kannur on all working days – 10 am to 5 pm on payment of Rs. 500/- directly or by DD (Rs. 550/-) drawn in favour of Principal, A.K.G Memorial Co-operative College of Nursing, Kannur payable at Kannur.
Duly filled application form along with the necessary documents shall be submitted to the college office directly /by post in the address given below on or before 20-06-2016, 5pm.
For details, log on to the link: