Benyamin introduces 'lockdown reading challenge' through Facebook
Benyamin, one of the most popular writers in Malayalam literature, has introduced a reading challenge for the booklovers who are staying indoors during the lockdown. He shared details of the challenge in a Facebook post along with the hashtags asking people to stay home, read books and be safe.
The writer also offered five books as prize for the winner. He attached a picture of a portion of his home library and marked five book in it. The readers have to identify the five books from the clues given in the Facebook post.
The clues suggest a classic book known as the most complicated one for reading, a book penned by a Nobel laureate and that has name of a colour in its title, a collection of stories by a new writer which was adapted to film, a controversial novel in Malayalam and a book by a travel writer that won Kerala Sahitya Akademi award.
Along with the clues, the writer also put forward some conditions.
- One person should send only one answer and if more answers are sent only first one will be considered.
- All five books should be found out.
- If more than five persons found the correct answers, winners will be selected through a draw.
- If nobody sent right answers, winners will be selected from those who sent more number of right answers.
- The answers should be sent within April 3 at 4 pm.
- The answers can be posted as comments below the Facebook post.
The author also warned readers that if they try to copy others' answers, they may end up giving wrong answers.
Benyamin's Facebook post: