Over 10,000 migratory birds flock Kadalundi
Parappanangadi: The migratory birds have finally arrived at the Kadalundi Bird Sanctuary. They usually arrive early November but this year their arrival was late by two months.
Ornithologists said more than 10,000 birds have reached here in two or three flocks. A large number of seagulls are a major attraction.
Brown-headed seagulls, black-headed seagulls, Whimbrels (Valkokkan and Thettikokkan), Plovers (Manalkozhi) and Terns (Kadalundi aala) have made the visit this season.
Ornithologist and photographer Vijesh Vallikkunnu said that the increasing coldness is the reason for the birds to arrive now. It is expected that more number of migratory birds will follow.
View on mathrubhumi.com
READ MORE TECHNOLOGY STORIES:
- Stephen Hawking's papers, wheelchair for sale
- NASA's Chandra Observatory back in action
- Earth will reach 1.5 degrees Celsius threshold by 2030: UN Report
- Rivers in Kerala detect increase in cyanobacteria after floods
- World's first Lion cubs conceived artificially in South Africa
- 2 new species of lizards discovered in Western Ghats