US willing to end all aid to Pakistan: Nikki Haley
Washington: President Donald Trump is ready to stop all aid to Pakistan as the country continues to harbour terrorists, US Ambassador to the UN Nikki Haley has said.
Haleys comment came a day after Trump accused Pakistan of giving nothing to the US but lies and deceit and providing safe haven to terrorists in return for USD 33 billion aid over the last 15 years.
Speaking to reporters at a news conference at the UN headquarters in New York, Haley alleged Pakistan of playing double-game with the US for years.
The president is willing to go to great lengths to stop all funding for Pakistan as they continue to harbour and support terrorism, said Haley.
Pakistan has played a double game for years. They work with us at times, and they also harbour the terrorists that attack our troops in Afghanistan. That game is not acceptable to this administration, she said.
The US has also announced that it is withholding its USD 255 million military aid to Pakistan.The decision to block aid is connected to Pakistans harbouring of terrorists, the top American diplomat said.
Pakistan has expressed deep disappointment over the allegations, saying the accusations strike with great insensitivity at the trust between the two countries.
Pakistans Foreign Minister Khawaja Asif in a tweet challenged Trumps claim that the US has given Pakistan more than USD 33 billion dollars as aid over the last 15 years, saying verification by an audit firm would prove the US president wrong.
View on mathrubhumi.com
READ MORE NEWS STORIES:
- Powerful quake hits Alaska's remote region; No casualties reported so far
- Children among 39 civilians killed in Syria arms depot blast: monitor
- Imran Khan calls up Navjot Sidhu, invites him to swearing-in ceremony on Aug 18
- Death toll in Indonesia earthquake reaches 387
- 3 Chinese among five injured in attempted suicide attack in Pakistan
- Imran Khan to take oath as Pakistan Prime Minister on Aug 18: Party