Vigilance wants case booked against Thomas Chandy for irregularities in road development
Thiruvananthapuram: The Vigilance is mulling to book another case against NCP leader Thomas Chandy who was forced to resign his ministership over encroachment issues.
Kottayam Vigilance SP wanted a case to be booked against Chandy in connection with irregularities in road development of the Valiyakulam Zero Jetty Road near Punnamada lake in Alapuzha. The Vigilance will explain its stand at the Kottayam Vigilance court tomorrow.
Chandy resigned as minister due to alleged violation of various land-related laws and encroachment of the backwaters for his resort in Alappuzha. The case on this issue is going on when the Vigilance has mooted booking another case against him.
View on mathrubhumi.com
READ MORE NEWS STORIES:
- Free rice for flood affected extended till Dec: CM
- Rahul Easwar granted bail
- Final decision on Sabarimala report on Tuesday: Padmakumar
- Transfer order is a blessing from Ayyappa Swami: Rehana Fathima
- Relatives allege mystery in priest’s death; Demand autopsy
- Political exploitation happening in Sabarimala: Kunhalikutty