Policeman accused in vigilance case found hanging in Kadavanthra police station
Kochi: A policeman was found hanging inside the police station on Wednesday. P. M. Thomas, Assistant Sub Inspector of Kadavanthra police station, hung himself in the back of the station. Trial of a vigilance case in which Thomas was an accused, was scheduled to start today.
Ernakulam Mulavukad native Thomas was caught by vigilance in a bribery case in 2008. The court was about to hear this case on Wednesday and the 53-year-old man committed suicide the same day.
Thomas, who was a Grade ASI, was on duty yesterday. He went outside by 3 'o clock after his duty and later the policemen who came for duty in the morning found his dead body.
DCP R. Karuppa Swamy said that Thomas had sought leave for 13 days in connection with the trial of the case in Moovattupuzha Vigilance Court.
After the inquest procedures supervised by RDO, the body will be handed over to relatives.
View on mathrubhumi.com
READ MORE NEWS STORIES:
- Rescue ops can be led only by people who know the place: CM
- Maharashtra, Bihar, AP, Jharkhand, Gujarat, Haryana extend help to Kerala
- Kochi naval airstrip to be open for commercial aircraft; SMS, data free in Kerala
- Collector confirms Enamavu check dam damage as fake news
- Thousands rescued as rains and landslides continue to haunt Kerala
- Rainfall intensity to reduce from Monday: IMD