Motor workers’ outfits threaten statewide strike on January 6
Thrissur: The motor workers organisations have planned to hold a statewide strike on January 6 (Saturday) if the Motor Vehicle Act Bill 2017 (Amendment Bill) is presented in the Rajya Sabha in the ongoing Parliament session. As a prelude to this, the protestors will hold a protest march on January 5.
Union transport minister Nitin Gadkari had said that the government expected the Motor Vehicle (Amendment) Bill to be cleared in the Rajya Sabha during the ongoing session of Parliament. The protestors want the bill to be withdrawn as it was not friendly to the workers.
View on mathrubhumi.com
READ MORE NEWS STORIES:
- Rescue ops can be led only by people who know the place: CM
- Maharashtra, Bihar, AP, Jharkhand, Gujarat, Haryana extend help to Kerala
- Kochi naval airstrip to be open for commercial aircraft; SMS, data free in Kerala
- Collector confirms Enamavu check dam damage as fake news
- Thousands rescued as rains and landslides continue to haunt Kerala
- Rainfall intensity to reduce from Monday: IMD