Nair Service Society to launch fair price cafeteria ‘Padma’ soon
Changanassery: Taluk unions of the Nair Service Society will start fair price cafeterias called 'Padma' along some of the main highways in the state, NSS General Secretary G Sukumaran Nair said.
The Self-Help Groups of NSS will supervise the project, he said while speaking in a conference.
Listing out the Societys social welfare projects, Sukumaran Nair said NSS is operating 16 working womens hostels in the state.
The café chain will also follow the working model of the hostels, he added.
The NSS Women Self Help Groups (SHGs) have 3,35,000 members state-wide. They are altogether managing business transactions worth Rs 1,792 crore. The NSS also contributed to Ockhi relief fund, he added.
View on mathrubhumi.com
READ MORE NEWS STORIES:
- Gijo creates magic from coconut shells
- Soon after getting married in church, couple arrives for colleague’s marriage in temple
- On Hartal day, drivers fill potholes at Shoranur
- Noolpuzha health centre arranges free e-auto rides for patients
- Kerala’s first Buddhist temple to open in Kottayam
- Widows of Ockhi victims get jobs in Matsyafed net factory