UP natives’ daughter kidnapped from Thrissur, rescued from Kunnamkulam hours later
Kunnamkulam: Poonam and Ramesh from Gorakhpur in Uttar Pradesh went through their worst nightmare on Wednesday when their four-year-old daughter went missing.
The child –Kajal-went missing at around 4 pm yesterday when she was playing in the compound of their rented house in Poothole in Thrissur. Poonam and her family was staying along with her sister Reenas family in the same house.
Reenas children Prince and Aakash were also playing with Kajal at that time. When the family noticed that the child is missing, they informed the Thrissur West Station police. When inquired with their neighbour Francis, he reported having seen a 'deaf and mute' man seeking help coming to the house.
The police then passed on the information to other police stations. Meanwhile, rice vendors at Kunnamkulam market noticed a man with a child in suspicious circumstances.
The child was crying inconsolably and the man was heavily drunk. The traders assembled and stopped him. They also informed the police, who then took the man and the child to the station. On receiving the suspects sketch from the West station, the Kunnamkulam police confirmed that the man had kidnapped the child.
The arrested has been identified as Kollam Kundara-native Vijayan (45). The child was handed over to her parents by 8 pm.
View on mathrubhumi.com
READ MORE NEWS STORIES:
- Man swindles Rs 6 lakh pretending as personal staff of MLA Veena George
- Search on for 2 Russians involved in forex agency theft
- Auto driver stabbed to death in Kollam over affair with expat's wife
- Rs 1 cr worth demonetised currency notes seized in Nilambur
- Vazhakkad murder: Accused arrested in Assam after 8 years
- Missing woman, child found with boyfriend in Kasaragod