Suspecting affair, man strangles daughter to death
Peruvallur (Malappuram): In a suspected case of honour killing, an 18-year-old girl was allegedly strangled to death by her father at Peruvallur in Malappuram.
Shalu was killed after her father suspected her of having an affair with a boy. Her father Sasi, a native of Thiruvananthapuram, has confessed to the crime and surrendered before the police on Thursday.
Police said the incident might have took place either on Wednesday night or Thursday early morning.
The family has been residing in a rented house at Peruvallur.
Shalu was attending PSC coaching after Plus Two.
View on mathrubhumi.com
READ MORE NEWS STORIES:
- Man swindles Rs 6 lakh pretending as personal staff of MLA Veena George
- Search on for 2 Russians involved in forex agency theft
- Auto driver stabbed to death in Kollam over affair with expat's wife
- Rs 1 cr worth demonetised currency notes seized in Nilambur
- Vazhakkad murder: Accused arrested in Assam after 8 years
- Missing woman, child found with boyfriend in Kasaragod