One arrested for carrying python in train
Kottayam: Passengers of the Karaikal – Kottayam train had a hair-raising moment when the Railway Police uncovered a python from a bag which was found abandoned inside the train.
With the help of the identity card recovered from the bag, Jijo George (29) of Pulinkkunnu in Alappuzha was arrested for illegal possession of the reptile.
On Monday morning, the railway police found the abandoned bag in the train and on opening it, found the snake. The bag was then handed over to the forest officials.
On examining the bag under Plachery Forest Department Deputy Range Officer KV Ratheesh, ID card was obtained.
On Tuesday morning Jijo was taken into custody.
Jijo said that he got the snake while returning from a relatives house at Sreekrishnapuram in Palakkad.
Taking it in the bag, he boarded the train. On reaching Ernakulam station, he alighted from the train to get some water. However, he missed the train and the bag remained inside it.
Jijo told the police that he was planning to cook the python to make curry of it. Meanwhile, Ratheesh said that Jijos statements are suspecious.
"More details are awaited. Punishment upto three-year in jail and fine of Rs 1 lakh can be awarded for possession of Schedule I animals like elephant, tiger, python and peacock.
Jijio was presented at the Kanjirappally court and then remanded.
View on mathrubhumi.com
READ MORE NEWS STORIES:
- Man arrested for sexually assaulting girl after intoxicating mother
- Man hacks wife, 2 children to death at Chittoor in Palakkad
- Minor girl elopes after mom forces to marry her boyfriend
- Thieves demand money for stolen helmets to be returned at Ayyappankavu
- ATM robbery: Blood stain found in vehicle; Police to expand probe
- Suspecting infidelity, man kills wife in Kollam