Yesudas visits Vaikkom Vijayalakshmi at her home, young singer on cloud nine
Vaikkom: It was a dream-come-true moment for singer Vaikkom Vijayalakshi when noted singer K J Yesudas visited her at her residence here on Tuesday.
She grew up listening to the songs of Yesudas and regards him as her 'guru' who inspired her to become a singer.
Yesudass wife Prabha Yesudas also accompanied him.
Vijayalakshmi remembers offering 'dakshina' to him and receiving his blessings years ago when he arrived at Vaikkom for a programme.
Vijayalakshmi has now become a popular singer in Malayalam and Tamil film industries. Though she is visually impaired, she possess a rare talent to memorise every song after listening to it.
Vijayalakshmis father Muraleedharan and mother Vimala were equally elated.
Yesudas also visited the auditorium where Viajyalakshmi has been practising music.
View on mathrubhumi.com
READ MORE MOVIES & MUSIC STORIES:
- Balabhaskar was behind wheels, says injured driver
- Legendary musician Annapurna Devi passes away
- Vaikom Vijayalakshmi hopes to regain her eyesight next year
- I didn’t know that was Balu’s last smile for me: Stephen Devassy
- Balabhaskar’s wife recovering; Driver shifted to ward
- Sabareesh Prabhaker agrees to do Bala's programme for charity