PSC to conduct common exam to posts with similar qualifications
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala Public Service Commission has decided to conduct a common exam to those posts with similar qualifications. The posts will be divided into groups with similar nature and qualifications and a common test will be conducted.
The academic committee with Lopez Mathew as Chairman has suggested eight groups in the first phase. Each group will have a common exam. Based on marks and according to the posts, short lists or rank lists will be prepared.
With this the number of exams conducted by PSC can be lessened and thereby reduce the expense.
Also candidates will be relieved from writing different exams to similar posts. The committee is expecting to make the changes within six months.
The groups are
- Last Grade, Watcher posts with 7thto 9thstandard qualifications
- Clerk, Typist, Computer Assistant post with 10thstandard qualifications
- Civil Police Officers, Civil Excise Officer, Fireman, Prison Officer posts with higher secondary qualifications
- Secretariat / PSC Assistant, Municipal Secretary, Block Panchayat Secretary, Sub Inspector, Excise Inspector posts with graduation qualifications
- Driver posts
- Assistant Engineers
View on mathrubhumi.com
READ MORE EDUCATION STORIES:
- Awards for Excellence in Forestry: Apply by August 31
- Assistants at High Court of Kerala: Apply by August 20
- Intensive Training Course in Packaging Technology at IIP: Apply by August 17
- Civil Services coaching for Minorities at AMU: Apply by August 13
- KEAM 2018: Medical second allotment published
- MBBS at AIIMS: Registration for Open Counselling till 16th August