Save your long beans plant from bugs
Long beans is one of the vegetables that can be easily cultivated in kitchen gardens. It is also suitable for beginners in farming. However, long beans are often attacked by various types of insects and bugs.
It is ideal to avoid using chemical pesticides on vegetables as they have very harmful side effects. Here are some organic pest control methods that can be prepared at homes.
- Add 3 litres of water in 1 litre boiled rice water (kanjivellam) and sprinkle this solution on the leaves of the plant.
- Mix Verticillium lecanii fungus (20 grams in powder form/5 milli litre in liquid form) in 1 litre water and apply once a week.
- Apply tobacco decoction to get rid of the bugs.
- Use ants on long beans plant to kill the bugs.
- Sprinkle 2 percent neem oil emulsion.