Grapes are nutritious, delicious and gorgeous at the same time. The demand for grapes has escalated in the hot summer like all other fruits. But is it safe to consume grapes as such? Have you ever thought about the toxins resting on grape peel?
Being a delicate little fruit, we cannot easily remove peels of grapes. So, the fear of pesticide residue on the outer skin may stop many of us from eating grapes.
Normally, the pesticide residue on grapes cannot be removed by washing with only water. But don’t worry, you can have the tasty bunch of fruits without peeling off and not worrying about chemicals.
Here are some tips to get rid of chemicals on grapes:
* Mix 20 ml vinegar into 1 litre of water. Dip the grapes in this liquid and leave it for one hour. After an hour, rinse grapes in fresh water.
* Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of baking powder and 1 tablespoon of salt on grapes and leave it for 30 minutes. After that, rinse the fruits in fresh water at least four times. While washing the fruits gently rub them with hands.
With a little effort, you can grow grapes at home and have farm fresh organic grapes.